Twitter is my favorite place. The Twitter people will amp you up more than anyone you actually know. Yesterday, I posted a video of my WILDLY DELICIOUS Philly Cheesesteak Dip and so many people asked for the recipe. Now, since I'm planning on releasing a digital cookbook later in the year, I wasn't going to put this recipe out just yet. However, I want to get the blog back popping, I decided to give ya'll a little taste. Below you will find the recipe (measurements to the best of my ability) for it! I'm very black so I stop seasoning whenever my ancestors tap me on the shoulder and say "that's enough." So, if you can't season the meat, you gotta figure that part out on your own time.
...and don't ya'll dare top this with parsley.
- SEASONED (I used minced garlic, fresh cracked pepper, sea salt) Thinly sliced steak ( I used a ribeye, because that is what I had in the house)
- A lil butter (1/2 tbsp)
- Red/Green Pepper (as much as you want)
- Onion ( as much as you want)
- Zesty Italian Dressing (1/2 ish cup)
- Sour Cream (a big scoop, so maybe about 1/3 cup)
- White American Cheese (From the deli, not Kraft) 1/4 lb
- 1/4 lb provolone cheese
- grated parmesan ( a scoop)
- 6 slices fresh mozzarella
-hoagie sauce (y'all aren't getting this recipe yet, however, it is just as delicious without it)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
u. You do NOT want to over cook the steak, since you have to bake the dip in the oven. If you make the steak well done, you might as well eat a leather jacket. Trust me here. butter AND GARLIC to the skillet you'll be cooking your steak in. Add your peppers and onions to it, cooking for about 3 minutes or until they're good to go. Put your steak in there and cook until about Medium. You do NOT want to over cook the steak, since you have to bake the dip in the oven. If you make the steak well done, you might as well eat a leather jacket. Trust me here.
3. Once your steak is done, drain it. It shouldn't be super oily, but you don't want the excess oil in the dip.
4. Add the cream cheese, sour cream and Italian dressing to a skillet on medium. *Do not add all the Italian dressing at once. Add about a 1/4 cup, save the rest for later to loosen up the mixture. Once the cream cheese is loose, add the steak mixture into the skillet. mix until the cream cheese is pretty much melted.
5. Add your cheeses on medium-low heat! You don't want them to burn. Stand by the stove, and mix well, watching it constantly. Do not over mix. White American, Provolone & Parmesan. Save the Mozzarella for the top.
6. Once all the ingredients are mixed, it shouldn't seem stiff. You should be able to mix it without struggle. If it's a little thicker than you'd like, add more of the Italian dressing to loosen it up. Once it's all good, transfer the mixture to a 13 x 9 pan.
7. Add your mozzarella cheese to the top, and pop that bih in the oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until it's golden brown and bubbly.
8. Let it cool. Don't burn your mouth because you're greedy.
9. Serve with french baguettes to be fancy. Serve with tortilla chips if that's all you got. Eat with Doritos if you a real nigga.
You can also add crab, chicken, hot peppers....really, whatever you like! Send me photos once you make it! Happy Cooking!